Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Time

Someone's mom is coming to stay for the weekend. I do not believe she will be impressed with my mad housekeeping skillz, yo.

I could plead some kind of crazy-busy vortex that seems to have settled over Casa de Crazy the last few weeks - sewing, gardening, yard work, and...umm...stuff - but what would be my excuse for the rest of the year??

I can't even use blogging as an excuse since, hello? Have you seen the place lately? My writing is as sporadic as a politician's honesty!

To distract her from the dust menagerie, we shall whisk her to the Ren Fest if the weather permits. There, we shall ply her with enormous turkey legs, fried pickles and (if she's brave enough) country fried bacon.

Should be fun.

OK, enough foolin' around in the Blue Nowhere...time to get back to knocking the mess down to something less than horrifying - I don't have any Sherpas to lead Someone's mom through the mess to safety, so I have to relocate it (what, isn't that how you clean??). Heavy metal blasting, Evil Genius head bangin', cats scattering to the four winds in fear of the dervish that used to be their human, it's going to be an interesting day.

What are your plans for the weekend?

1 comment:

Momlady said...

Read my comment about your comment on my blog.