Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Weekend, In Pictures

Arrived Friday afternoon, hung out with Mum while Someone and the Evil Genius went down to the pond to drown worms.

Went to fetch them when supper was ready.

Shot some photos of these:
And this:
There was a fishing lesson:
And (undocumented, whew) I even cast a line in...
Someone caught his dinner - no potato peelings for him! (No, not really - we catch and release, right now):
Saturday morning dawned grey and drizzly. I wanted a minute or two alone, so I walked down and checked on the Lady Slippers. They're doing right well, I think:

Then we lit this:
And tended it all day, until it burned down enough that we could sit on the porch. We did a bit of this:
And when the fire was fairly well burned to embers and it got dark, we came inside where I cooked dinner, Mum worked on her knitting, and Someone and the Evil Genius bonded over a tool catalog:
After dinner, the Evil Genius had a bath and then we had this for dessert:

Mum made it, and the Evil Genius dug the torch she used to melt caramelize the sugar.
Sunday morning, we had an easy start, drove home, and found (among other things)this:
One of the cucumbers is flowering! Wahoo!
How was your weekend?

5 comments:

Momlady said...

My weekend was great 'cause of y'all.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Tools? Tool catalog??

{With Tim Allan Emphasis} Ahh- Ahu-Ahu-Ahu-Aww-Aww-Aww!!!

SHARON said...

Looks like you got a 'keeper' there is 'Someone'. Any man can be a father but it takes a special man to be a Dad. Enjoy your blog and your mums.

HermitJim said...

Glad to see that a good time was had by all!

Sure do take some good pictures, my friend! Beautiful!

Tell Momlady that I love that porch...!

Cindy said...

I am so glad that Someone and you have found one another. I am a follower of both of you so I finally put it together....I never said I was the brightest bulb on the block. Take care.